True's Fandom is always open to hosting new authors and their stories. (That's how the Fort Family got started!)
We do have a few simple guidelines that we do follow:
- The storyline and character development must come first. If you have an ax to grind or an itch to scratch, please don't inflict it on our readers.
- While the depiction of alternative lifestyles is preferred, it is not a requirement. Please note: purposely hurtful, hateful, or abusive depictions of any lifestyle will not be tolerated.
- Stories based on love and character growth are always encouraged.
- Although many stories on the site seem to fall into this category, stories do not have to be Sci~Fi or Fantasy based.
- Stories featuring the rescue of children and others in need are not required but are always a welcomed addition to any site.
- The portrayal of sex is not prohibited but, should come about as a natural development of a relationship. Sex should not be the dominant storyline!
- Stories with a dominant Pro-Adult Youth (AY) theme will not be accepted. Any story developing a Pro-AY theme after being approved will be removed without notice.
- Stories solely based on abusive or illegal acts will not be accepted, period. Your host's decision over what is crossing the line is final.
- Stories that have an AY, Rape or Sexual Violence component that is necessary for a character's mental state or development of a crucial storyline will be reviewed by a panel. These topics could offend and/or traumatize some of our readers and that is not why we are here.
- While completed stories are preferred, all stories will be reviewed. Although authors may choose to post their own chapters the Site Owner/Webmaster retains control over what stories may be hosted.
- Authors have complete control over whether their stories are co-hosted on another of the Fort Family Sites. Please discuss this with your host as this will require their assistance to set up.
- Authors must authorize truesfandom.com and the Fort Family Sites explicitly, by written permission to host their stories. This means an email coming from your conformable address to your host will be needed so we can effectively protect your intellectual property.
Anyone can suggest an author or story for consideration of hosting. If a reader thinks a story or author would be a good fit for the site please let us know by sending us the author's/story's name and as much information as possible. The Site Owner/Webmaster will then contact the author in question after reviewing the posted work.
To submit stories or an author for consideration of hosting:
1. Send an email to the following address ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include a link to published stories for consideration or,
3. Attach enough chapters or stories to give a valid overview of the author's writings.
4. All chapters submitted must have the author's copyright information in the chapter. For legal reasons, any chapters without that information will be deleted and the email returned to sender!
a. Include a link to published stories for consideration or,
b. Attach enough chapters or stories to give a valid overview of the author's writings.
c. All chapters submitted must have the author's copyright information in the chapter. For legal reasons, any chapters without that information will be deleted and the email returned to sender!
• This information is needed for the author's protection.
• Also, the Site Owner/ Webmaster may send some submissions to other Site Owners, Authors or Editors for their opinions.
d. The Site Owner/Webmaster will then review all submissions and contact the author with his decision within two weeks.
e. Stories/chapters without 'curly quotes' aka 'smart quotes' are preferred.
Any other questions can be sent to the submissions email address or email@example.com.